Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

On Monday night we made our traditional "blessings chain". (And when I say traditional, what I mean is, this was the first year-but from now on....traditional.)






















I had Scott get me a whole load of paper strips and then the kids went hog wild writing down all of our blessings on the strips. I was the official stapler.






















We had a great time and seeing that colorful chain draping the living room is just plain heart warming. Now our home is literally dripping with blessings.























If there is one thing I love doing, it's counting blessings. "Naming them one by one". It's therapeutic and uplifting.
























(I loved Ella's strips...she would scribble a wavy line  and then hand it to me saying things like, "this one is Daddy")






















The next morning, we gathered for prayers before school. It was Bransons turn to pray and after making the basic statements that we usually hear in the minutes before school he added,

"Please help us make our chain longer".




I could have died a happy woman right then and there.

I urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done.  Henry B. Eyring

I don't ever, ever want to be found ungrateful to my Heavenly Father. I know that all the good things in my life, have come from His hand. And I know that the only way back to Him is through His son Jesus Christ. How thankful I am for Him..




















For this....


















For these....










And, for them...






















Happy Thanksgiving.

family picture taken by Robin Lee

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jody said...

You should write a book...because I would read it over, and over, and over again! :)

Jody said...

Oh! And that was from Riley! :)

Post a Comment