Friday, January 20, 2012

Homebody























I keep getting asked if coming home from our amazing trip was awful. To me...coming home is never awful. Dorothy got it right when she coined the phrase, "There's no place like home." There isn't and I am completely at peace with the fact that I'd rather be home than just about anywhere else.

I love driving the kids to school in the morning. We always have a fight over who gets to sit by Cali which is annoying yet heart warming. Then we blast the heater, wave to the friends at the bus stop, watch the temperature drop on the rear view mirror and the kids are always scrambling to get their shoes on. This morning, I noticed how many of the other Moms are showered, dressed and ready to go for the day, while I sit there, hiding behind my sunglasses, in my pj's and slippers. 99% of the time, I go straight home after dropping the kids at school. Cali, Ella and I- we stay in our jamies, do the chores and then we shower and get ready. I am rarely in a hurry to be anywhere else.

Last week, I had to cancel lunch plans with my sister- in- laws because Cali was sick. Sure, I missed talking and laughing with the girls but it really didn't bother me one slight bit to stay home and sit in the rocker all afternoon. I am not a shopper and I really hate errand running, plus I tend to be pretty OK with minimal social interaction. I love keeping my home, laying in the back yard to read books to Ella and writing out our life in stories.

this morning when I saw the other Mom's all ready to go, I felt a little bit of guilt, like, "wow, they all look so productive!"

But, home isn't a bad place to be productive either.

I haven't travelled the world, graduated from college, had a career, served a mission or held an office. Maybe someday.

But for now, I am a homebody- I mean Homemaker.

And proud of it.

“Close you eyes and tap your heels together three times. And think to yourself, there's no place like home.”

Glinda the good witch.

2 comments:

weaverfam said...

this is why I love reading your blog!

mama bear said...

I love how you love being at home and how your family always comes first. You always inspire me, even as old as I am!

Post a Comment