Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vacation

I have been wondering exactly how to blog about our post Christmas trip. For Christmas, Scott's parents took their family on a Disney Cruise. We were all so excited and have been planning for a whole year.  The week after Christmas I was busy getting us ready to go. I would have never been able to pack for 7 people for 8 days- if my Dad hadn't taken the kids camping . They slept in tents, built a fire, ate junk food and road dirt bikes all day. Kaden said it was the best day of his life.



























I was so very thankful for those two days of time.

The trip was a blast. There was a ton of this....























and this....




































and this.....



































and this.....




























And we loved all of this...


































































































































































































































































































There was also too much of this....
















































Me, scott and Kaden got it. Here's Kaden sick as can be trying to make the best of the day anyhow.



































I was so sick all day Wednesday(no pictures to prove it thank-you very much) and by around 8pm I felt like if I didn't get some fresh air, I might just die. So I bundled up Cali, put on my slippers and walked out to the deck. It was almost vacant, so I found a pool chair and snuggled Cali close to my chest. I layed there for a long time watching the stars float past me in the sky. It was quiet and peaceful and astonishingly beautiful. I felt like I had a direct view of Heaven and that Heaven had a direct view of me. I knew for sure-once again-that I am known perfectly by a loving Heaven. Even though Cali and I, in our pool chair were just one little speck in an infinitely big universe. And that one hour spent under the black ocean sky, with Cali's heart beating with mine- must have cured me because the next morning I was good as new.

On Friday we were able to explore a small Island, snorkel, swim, and eat fresh salsa and homemade tamales. I loved watching the kids happy and carefree in the water. And I even loved having  my poor, sick Kaden's warm head in my lap. While the whole group of us was walking across the beach in the sand, I looked back to see Kaden go to his knees. I told Scott to come back around for us on the way back and then I sat in the middle of the beach with Kaden. He was so sick and just couldn't keep on walking in the sun. I had him lay down and rest his head on my lap and then I did my best to sooth him by rubbing his forehead. In only seconds Kaden was sound asleep. Like snoring.






































































































I didn't like that he was sick, but I did like that my big boy still wants his Mama when he doesn't feel good.

On Saturday Cali and her cousin turned one month older. Cali 11 months and Payton 8 months. Happy birthday girls....



























The trip was over in a flash.






















And this was the aftermath for me...



























But worth every load.

Thank-you Mom and Dad for quietly serving me and my family, your help always comes just when it is needed most. And thank-you Alan and Donell for giving us the gift of travel, the kids have seen and done things is this big world that they never would have other wise and thanks for providing me a few minutes under the big sky, in the middle of the ocean- where I had a perfect view of Heaven.


2 comments:

Shelley said...

Looks so fun!! Makes me really want to go now! lol.

Katie said...

What great memories for your family. Love your shirts!

Post a Comment