Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peace











 
Monday night my older sister was flown to the hospital-she is now fighting for her life.

Maybe someday I can write out all my thoughts and feelings on the subject but for now it is so sensitive and private that I am just not ready.  But I feel at peace and I know that a loving Heavenly Father is very aware of us and her and that He is in control. The truths of the gospel are so real in my life and the testimony I have lifts me up and carries me along. I am certain that the Lord loves His children and that He does not leave them comfortless and alone.

Yesterday morning, after a sleepless night, I could only manage to mix up some muffins and get them into the oven. I left them to cook and went back to my room. 15 minutes or so later, Branson came to tell me that breakfast was ready. My sweet, tender boy had scrambled up some eggs, set the table and dished up every ones plate. He had even poured each of us a glass of milk or juice and buttered the muffins. He had no way of knowing of the ache in my soul but I know that the idea to help was put into his good little heart and then he listened and obeyed.

It was a tender mercy wrapped in a message of peace, tied up with love and delivered by my 9 year old but sent straight from above. In that set table I saw the hand of Heaven it's self and in those warm eggs and buttered muffins I felt known. My testimony has never been more strong and I am sure of a Heavenly Fathers certain love for us-His children.

(A few of you have called with concern or sent emails. Thank-you for your love and support. As for me and my family we are doing fine. Although the future remains very unknown, Jaime and her family are surrounded by those who love her and I know they can feel all of the prayers in their behalf. Thank-you so much)

5 comments:

Karli said...

My mom called last night to let me know, and I guess my dad was at the hospital with her for a long time last night until your mom got there. Fasting and praying today. Like you said, Heavenly Father is in control.

Katie said...

I'm so sorry, Julianne. Your sister will be in my thoughts and prayers.

~ Sara Ann said...

Praying for your whole family and total healing for your sister. I am so sorry. <3 Hugs my sweet cousin.

kellibattraw said...

So many of my great childhood memories revolve around your family! My thoughts and prayers are with you and the whole Johnson family!

Cindy Eaton said...

Praying for your family......

Post a Comment