Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Birthday Letter-Brylee at 10





















Dear Brylee,
When time flies by as fast as it has since your last birthday it makes me feel like if I blink or sleep or breath, you will be all grown up before I am ready. But tomorrow whether I like it or not you will be another year older. A whole ten years. One of my favorite things to do on your birthday is to hold you tight and tell you about that amazing early morning when you and I first met. But like I always say…we knew each other long before -and that morning was a sweet reunion. Branson was whisked away and quickly hooked up to breathing supports and there you were to lessen the fear and comfort my heart. You still do that. You are so good at recognizing the feelings of others and doing what you can, to lighten a heavy load. The scriptures say that we should, succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees. You are so good at that.

You are so beautiful Brylee. Sometimes I literally cannot take my eyes off of you. You have a strong and athletic body and such stunning blue eyes that remind me of the deep part of the ocean. Your eyelashes are long and thick and you have a happy smile that can brighten up even the saddest days. So much of your beauty comes from what is inside of you and this past year has been another where you have taken so many opportunities to help others feel loved and included. All that goodness and kindness and natural ability to love comes shining through, making you amazingly beautiful in every way.
In church last Sunday you were watching your friend sit with her family. She has 4 big sisters and you leaned over to me and said, “I wish I had a big sister.”  You felt a little bit jealous of your friend. I whispered into your ear,

“But you get to BE the big sister.”

You smiled wide and I could see the joy that comes to you from being a big sister to Cali and Ella. How they love you. I like how Ella wants to show you every single new thing she learns and I love how Cali leans for you when she sees you. They will need your love their entire lives and I know you will always be good at giving it. What a blessing it is to be a sister, some of your most profound opportunities to serve will come to you in the role of sister.
Brylee you are everything that our Heavenly Father wants His daughters to be. If you live the next 10 years, and the next, and the next, and the next, and on and on , the way you have lived the first 10 years you will always be happy.

If only I knew how to really tell you how much I love you! You are an extension of my own heart and soul. To me you are sunshine, laughter,  joy…and every other good thing in life. How I love you sweet dolly girl.
Happy Birthday.

Love, Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment