Thursday, December 6, 2012

Home at Last


 We are home at last.

There is paper taped up in the windows.

There are painters and workers here everyday.

The faucet in the tub doesn't work.

We just got hooked up to the Internet.

The backyard is nothing but dirt.

We have NO furniture.

The kids are sleeping on air mattresses.

The garage is packed full of unopened boxes.

And do you know what?

We don't care.

It is already so SO much more than I deserve. I am overwhelmed by the blessing of it all. I cant wait to make this space what it already is in my mind. A gathering, learning, growing, celebrating, loving place, where my children can grow up and where their friends can come and where family can gather. I can see in my my mind a future of holidays and birthdays and graduations and showers and parties and family nights and blessings and thousands of good old ordinary days. I can even see in these walls a place to come and hide when we are sad and things are going wrong because if home is anything to me it is refuge and solace.

How I love my husband who has worked and planned for five long years for this day. How I love my 5 kiddos who this is all for anyway and who have already filled the house with laughter and running and (fighting). How I love my parents who gave us a home for 6 full months. How I love my Heavenly Father who knows us perfectly even when we all the people around don't know us at all. How I love our view and how it reminds me everyday of Eternity and what really matters.



































I cant wait to share it all.

"In a world of turmoil and uncertainty, it is more important than ever to make our families the center of our lives and the top of our priorities. . . .

"We need to make our homes a place of refuge from the storm, which is increasing in intensity all about us. Even if the smallest openings are left unattended, negative influences can penetrate the very walls of our homes."


It feels so good to be home.

first night mess

Kaden prepping the bubbly
breaking in the tub

Front door...one of the only spots that doesn't look like...the next picture

















2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my I love it already!

Katie said...

Yay! So happy for you!!

Post a Comment