Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In Love with a Tornado

Man! I just don't know why it is so hard for me to get a blog post written.

Oh actually I do.

She has brown hair, she is teeny tiny, her eyes are as blue as a monsoon sky and her name is Cali.

She is the same reason I haven't gotten a single thing hung on my walls. She is the reason I haven't finished Brylee's desk project or any other project for that matter.

She is a tornado disguised as a nice spring breeze.

Make-up. Trash cans. Toilet paper. Mud. Bags of chips from the pantry. Markers left laying around by Ella. Cups of milk and half eaten bowls of cereal forgotten by the big kids. And the shampoo from the tubs are her specialties-- just to name a few.

She can climb on any counter and she can open any door. I should be excused from all of my duties as a human being until she is grown. I am being beat to a pulp by her toddlerness. In fact, I don't think it's even a fair fight, she is fresh and full of energy and since this is my 5th opponent in the ring, I am worn completely out. I give you the evidence and this in no way tells the complete story.







































I rest my case.

And then....just as I was about to give up on my life entirely and surrender to a fate of constant mess patrol and fit managing-- Cali fell off a chair at Grandma's and hit her head. With in seconds of falling she had a HUGE bump that looked like a golf ball had lodged just under the skin on her forehead. (think David and Goliath).  It was after 9 at night and I was so concerned about putting her to bed. All my frustrations that come from having a mess making toddler combined with a teenager and everything in between disappeared and I remembered as I looked at the horrifying bump on her head that I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL THAT. Sure, I'm exhausted. Sure, I need a break now and then from the weight of responsibility that I carry. But messes mean that I have a healthy active baby that I adore. I feel devastated to even think about life without her.

I gave Cali a long warm bath that night and rocked her longer than usual, determine to enjoy every single day that I get to spend with her.

How I love my little tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment