Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Post Where-in I Get Caught Up

So why the slow slow drip of posts? I am not really sure. The simplest answer is to say that my computer situation is ugly. The Christmas lap top ended up getting returned because we discovered it had a glitch. Then we used the old laptop for a while until it just plain gave up. And now we are in the middle of setting up the old computer that had to be wiped clean but I am clueless and Scott isn't home much so I am stuck with the iPad.

I have also found that parenting older kids along with babies is tough and takes a lot of focus. I don't like to get distracted. Plus Kaden's school situation is consuming me. Such hard decisions to make. We live in Crazy Land when it comes to schools. Gone are the days of all the kids in the neighborhood and in the church going to the same school. I am not kidding when I say our ward kids go to probably 6 or 7 different schools and with a TON of new schools set to open in the fall it will be even worse. 2 new charter JH/HS are opening and 3 more k-6 or k-8 charters and 2 new public JH schools that may or may not be charters are opening. All of these schools are within fairly close proximity to us.

This circus of schools reeks havoc on the unity of neighborhoods and wards and if you ask me its all getting a little out of hand. I have always been just fine with being separate, I have never had a problem doing things alone but it feels different when it's my kids. Our neighborhood is full of families that get boundary exceptions, then there are a few charter school families, a home school family and almost zero that go to the public school that our area is assigned to. I am so grateful that we have choices but I feel sad for Kaden who is caught in the middle. Poor Boy has been fasting and praying his little heart out searching for answers. Crazy Land I tell you!

So lets get to a little catch up shall we:

Last day of school swim party and this was my favorite part,
























We are so thrilled to be off the schedule and free from the grip of homework for a while!

Cali gets her first set of Indian braids, so cute.



































Kaden and Brylee started swim team and already have a good little stack of blue ribbons accumulating. Branson moved up to level 5 in gym and now spends 14 hours a week working out and learning tricks. If Branson were not my kid I think I would be the judgmental onlooker saying, "that's too much for a little boy." But Branson is never happier than when he is physically moving and busy. He has such a  hard time when he is bored, for him, this is good.

Ella is still scared to be alone, ever, and by alone I mean anywhere that she cannot see another person. But on Sunday we had a little tender mercy when our sweet primary president planned sharing time around Ella. She gave Ella a super soft white blanket with a tag that said, 'Ella's Holy Ghost Blanket" on it. Ella loves it and felt so special. Hopefully it will help her want to sleep somewhere else other than wrapped around my torso.

























Cali has gone from talking in cute little one word bits to full sentences that are so completely adorable we all stop to listen. Toddler speak is just the cutest.

We have pierced ears!!

























Ella has taken up a game involving all the baby blankets that I keep neatly folded in the linen closet.



































We loved the dance recitals and loved the fact that dance is over for a bit!




































We celebrated a double birthday! Scott and I surprised the twins with tickets to a Piano Guys Concert. We loved it! But my goodness how did 11 years come and go in one breath??
 
 
 
 
One of two things happened here.....We had a bloody household accident OR Cali smeared an entire tube of lip stick ALL over the bathroom and all over every inch of her body. Hardest mess to clean up in the history of messes. Congratulations Cali, for earning the distinguished honor. Holy Moly.
Branson graduated from cubs! On to Boy Scouts. He earned his arrow of light and a million other things. He got to ride a zip line as his "cross over" ceremony and he got to shoot a flaming arrow into a bundle of sticks that was doused with gasoline. It just may have been the happiest moment of his life.


 

Kaden left earlier this week for scout camp. I get a lump in my throat every time one of these things comes up. He always has a great time but I miss him a ton! This picture was taken at 3:30am!



































My brother and his wife had a new baby! I got to do a little photo shoot, what a cutie!



































The other day I got a text from Scott.

"Just thinking of you, I miss you."

I am so thankful for Scott and it's little things like that that remind me everyday what a lucky girl I am. My kids hit the jackpot in the Dad department and it was so great to celebrate him on Fathers Day! Scott spoke in church that day, he did an amazing job.  He didn't even care that the girls wrapped his gifts in Christmas wrapping.
























Whewwww! Hows that for a catch up!


1 comment:

Anderson Adventures said...

You so such a great job of capturing the moments that matter most! What a wonderful family you have and what a great mom you are!

Post a Comment