Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Life

Lately I have had that feeling of being lonely even though I am never alone. I know that days and weeks of discouragement are a part of life and so, I don't let it bother me or send me into a panic. I am good with just letting the valley's come and being patient while I work and wait for a new summit to appear. And then I can make that thrilling climb out and enjoy the view from the top even more.

Life is so good in so many ways and there is so much to always be thankful for.

Yesterday I read the Elizabeth Smart book. All afternoon and once the kids were in bed I devoured that book. And this is what I came away thinking.

Wow! My life is stinking awesome.

Here is a bit of that awesomeness from October.

Ella LOVES shoes more than any-THING! My floor is ALWAYS piled in stacks of shoes as she tries them all on, waltzes around the yard and then goes onto the next pair. The mess is annoying but the pretend is fabulous.




















Cali and I went down to the school to watch Ella do her 1/4 mile fun run. I loved watching that determine little Kindergartener run her heart out. She was the first girl to cross the finish line.



















And Cali was a stinker and didn't hold still for 2 seconds, plus she found the mud puddles and crossed over the caution tape that was around the new winter grass. But MAN is she always the star of the show down at the school. Especially with Brylee's friends.
Then B saved me and took her to the playground. (I'm saved, oh I am saved! just like Woody)
Back to Ella's race. I just loved that little face and she was soooo excited that I came. I just don't get down there as much as I used to.
And here she is huffing and puffing after the race. Hilarious.
Brylee stayed at the finish line until every kid had crossed. So Brylee! She has such a gift for making others feel good.
Over October Break we had many meals like this. I love having a yard again! And I love Arizona weather from October to April.
As the pool water cooled the kids started building these contraptions. Instead of swimming they floated.
So after launching a full scale attack it has now been more than a week since we have seen or caught any of those dirty rotten mice. But just as they were clearing up Brylee put her hand down on a scorpion as she was scampering up the stairs. The stupid thing stung her bad.  Branson our knight in gymnastics clothes came and killed it and put it in a cup so that I could see what kind it was. A little later I saw this and thought it was so funny. Punctuation matters people, punctuation matters.
And lastly, Branson had his first scout campout last weekend. I was so relieved that the Deacons were going to and that Branson would have a big brother watching out for him. I didn't worry one bit. He was in good hands.
I have two nights ahead of me of costumes, makeup, cotton candy and gum stuck in Cali's hair. Wish me luck and I hope you LOVE this quote as much as I do. So GOOD!
 
 
 I want you to be proud you are a woman. I want you to feel the reality of what that means, to know who you truly are. You are literally a spirit daughter of heavenly parents with a divine nature and an eternal destiny.  That surpassing truth should be fixed deep in your soul and be fundamental to every decision you make. There could never be a greater authentication of your dignity, your worth, your privileges, and your promise. Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance. He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations. And He knows what you can become through faith in Him. Be a woman of Christ. Cherish your esteemed place in the sight of God. He needs you. This Church needs you. The world needs you. A woman’s abiding trust in God and unfailing devotion to things of the Spirit have always been an anchor when the wind and the waves of life were fiercest.
 
Jeffery R Holland
 

No comments:

Post a Comment