Thursday, November 14, 2013

Miralces





































Miracles are alive and well my friends. Monday night Ella told me that she was going to sleep in her very own bed-in her and Cali's bedroom-without me.

I did not believe her even one tiny bit. Why would I? I have heard it before and NEVER ever in my recent memory has Ella slept in her own bed. We have bribed everything from treats to sparkly high heels to an all inclusive trip to the moon. Nothing works. It has been years since she has slept in her bed. She went through a phase of sleeping literally wrapped around me, terrified of being alone. Then she moved on to just sleeping in the middle space but would not even let us move her to the foot of the bed. Eventually she graduated to falling asleep next to me but being moved to the floor where she sometimes stayed and most of the time crawled back into our bed. 

I will admit that there have been some really sweet and wonderful moments of being with Ella as she drifts off to sleep at night. And many times I have reminded myself that she will not want to sleep by me forever, she will not be 6 forever, she will not be ALL mine forever.

BUT

Having Ella up until I go to bed, having her squished into me all night, having her hogging up any possible quiet time that I could give to Scott, having her always, ALWAYS waking me up has taken an enormous toll on me. I really am only now realizing the side affects and they are brutal.

But Monday night Ella DID sleep in her bed. It was unbelievable. And then Tuesday night she did it again and last night was three nights in a row.

I don't get it. I am not going to question it. I am just going to believe in miracles again!

And I am going to slap myself in the face for feeling a slight twinge of pain that she just might be moving on.

Cause that's just plain ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment