Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Smile at the Tempest

Just a quick thought before I run out the door for a busy afternoon. Today I feel pretty grateful for my life. Life is generally so very good. It can also be so very hard and trying but there is always sunshine after rain. Sometimes there is even sunbeams through the rain. I have been struggling with so many things and so many days I think to myself,  "today is the day that I will feel better."

And then most days I sit and hope that it will be. I have learned this...keep moving. Sometimes when you pray and search and think, "Oh come on! Something happen that will make a difference!" Yeah, sometimes after that- nothing does happen and life just keeps going on and demanding more.

The "thing that needs to happen" is that everyday I need to decide that life is good, I am happy, thankful and ready to face another day with the best that I have in me. Even when I am not ready and I don't feel like it. Just get up and do it anyway. In general Conference the ever amazing Elder Holland said this..

"If those miracles do not come soon or fully or seemingly at all, remember the Savior’s own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead.

He is always so right. Everyday offers some reason somewhere to smile and be grateful we just have decide to do that.

Our home teacher told us a story the other day about a man who crossed the plains with his wife and children. After the anguished loss of his wife and many many other hard ships his journal entry for the day consisted of two words.

Still Moving.

I am not comparing my life in anyway to such a struggle but I sure love that resolve that even when you are not receiving the blessings you are asking for you keep moving. I read this quote this morning and almost couldn't breath at the way it taught and reminded me.




































Just read it out loud.

I love the chance to learn from the wisdom of other people and I love that the hard days make the good days so very wonderful.

And I love these guys. They're pretty great.





































And him-oh so very much.






1 comment:

mama bear said...

Thanks for another great and insightful post. I appreciate this reminder to just take a day at a time and keep moving...and to be grateful for the life I have!

Post a Comment