Friday, November 15, 2013

What We Value Most

Awesome picture that has nothing to do with this post





































Months ago, in an attempt to give my racing mind some peace just before bed, Scott and I started listening to Conference Talks on the Ipad together. It has become such a good part of the day and I look forward to it so much. It is so comforting to squish our heads together on one pillow, prop the Ipad up between us and listen to inspired advice, stories, scriptures and lessons. Sometimes we pause the talk to discuss something and sometimes we grab the yellow note pad on Scott's night stand to write down something we want to implement or remember.

Last night I was so close to asleep that I didn't want to move when I heard one of the best pieces of information ever! Instead of disrupting a chance to be almost asleep I just closed the Ipad knowing that as soon as I opened it this morning it would still be in the right spot.

The speaker was talking about all the different demands on Mothers. We have so many choices to make everyday and so many good things that needs out attention. Everything from exercise to volunteering at school, to groceries and cleaning to teaching and banking. Church callings, service to friends, missionary work, genealogy , sports, hobbies, lessons and about a million other things.

This is such a good thought...

"As I think about our time constraints, I conclude that God has not intended that we should be able to do everything we would like to do. If there were not more to do than we are individually capable of doing, we wouldn’t have to make choices and God would never realize what we value most."
Jeanne Inouye

So Good! I just thought... I do not have to do everything! I just have to show God what I value most and maybe from time to time and throughout my life that can change.

All those years and years of General Conference archives are like a vault of treasure for me and I truly LOVE them and the chance to learn from them!

1 comment:

Jedidiah said...

This is a conflict I have going on all the time. The demands from my school and work schedules keep me from home. Obviously my family is more important to me than anything else. Sometimes, I don't know when I should stop pushing so hard with work and school and turn that time to my family and church.

Post a Comment