Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas


It's a new year and I am already behind. Behind on laundry and housework and keeping this record that I love. But! I am caught up on sleeping in with the kids, visiting old friends, hiking and playing with cousins ALL DAY.

With so many fun and far away cousins in town we are completely worn out but happy for the time we got to spend with them.

Christmas Eve was a beautiful sunny 72 degree day so we packed up with some good old friends and drove out to the mountains for a day of rock climbing. I sure love getting my kids "out of the world" and into the mountain, it is so good for the soul I tell you. My big kids and Scott even got to do an actual climb up a steep rock face! (just look at that big blue!)










































We rushed home showered off and made it to the Magnusson Family Christmas Eve dinner just in time. The traditions at this Christmas Eve program are rich and solid and I am so thankful that my kids get to feel the spirit there. The whole night is about Jesus Christ and I just love it. Thank-you Grandma for starting these traditions so long ago and for being the glue that holds them together!

It goes like this: Dinner, the children's nativity, music and scripture, testimonies, the bells, Aunt Maureen speed version of The 12 Days of Christmas, matching Christmas t-shirts, pictures and bedtime.






















In Grandmas testimony she mentioned how much she loved Kaden's choir concert and how she hoped he would keep developing his music. It was such a tender moment and Kaden was beaming with love for his Great Grandma Mag!

































We also got to help provide and pack a huge pile of "sleep tight" bags for the shelter. These bags will go to  children who have very little to call their own. Each bag has a book, a toothbrush, a stuffed animal and a blanket.


























Christmas morning was quiet and slow which I love! My favorite part was the minutes I got to spend in bed with my kids singing Christmas Carols while Scott went to check if "Santa came".


























In the days since we celebrated Christmas we got to see my brothers girls in from Oregon, my sisters kids in from Surprise and Scott's cousins down from Idaho. I don't know why its fun to stay up all night when your cousins visit but that is exactly what they do. Man! These 3 sure love each other.

Kaden also went to his first dance on New Years Eve and I wish I would have taken a picture of him all ready to go. He looked so cute and smelled good too. Like toothpaste and soap. I would have danced with him for sure.

If feels pretty good to see 2013 go. It was a trying year but also filled with so many happy moments, tender mercies and warm peaceful memories. But I am still glad that it's over and starting something new feels so good.

Happy Day it's 2014!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment