Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Little Friend

I had an especially hard time sending everyone back to school yesterday. We had such a good, relaxing break that schedules and homework seem really annoying. From 6am, until Scott pulls out of the driveway at 7:30, is crazy time. Scriptures, prayers, clothes and hair, breakfast, smoothies, lunch packing, planner signing, back up to brush, a last minute flurry of jackets, shoes and kisses good-bye and they're off. I always sneak out at about 7:20 to start the car because I cant stand the thought of my family climbing into a freezing cold car.

Almost always just as the door closes on the pack of kids leaving I hear little feety jamies coming down the stairs. Pink cheeks and crazy hair and Buzz Lightyear tucked under one arm. Man oh man does she ever feel good to snuggle up with on the couch in a quiet house. I sing "are you awake birthday cake?" like I have for all the days of her life and she wraps around me like she hasn't seen me in days. It is a great way to start the day and it takes the sting off of the others being gone all day. I just cant say how much I love my time with this little friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment