Monday, January 13, 2014

My Miss Mae


























I woke Ella up this morning by rubbing my hand over and over her warm back, like I always do, only today her skin under my palm felt more like hot than warm.

She whimpered through droopy eyes and a down turned mouth that she didn't feel good. I have this strange happiness when one of my kids isn't feeling quite right. I know that sounds pretty mean but I do love the excuse to keep one of them home and spoil and pamper them all day. I just get this thankful feeling inside that I get to be the one here with them when they need me most. I like staying home and seeing socky feet poking out from under a blanket on the couch. I like bringing sips of water or a tissue. I like adjusting the pillow and feeling their foreheads for temperature changes and I like finding a good cartoon to watch. I am so thankful that I don't have to take them to a babysitter when they need an unexpected day at home from school and I am so thankful for a comfortable house that shelters them and keeps them warm.

Each day even with life's challenges and sicknesses is just filled with so much to be thankful for. And I could not be more thankful for my Miss Mae, I love her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment