Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Homecoming

Last week was packed full of fun as we welcomed Sammy home from his mission. All of our Heywood family gathered just outside of the security gate and it was instant pandemonium. All those little nieces and nephews were charged with excitement and anticipation. They were bouncing off the walls and I thought we were going to give the security guard a heart attack.



























But who could blame them? They were thrilled to be there and cheer our Uncle Sammy home. Kaden videoed the whole event on his Gopro. He was the most excited of all my kids. After all the hugs and pictures Kaden walked over to me with a huge smile and said, "Mom, I am next!" Be still my heart--he is next. Later when Sam had been released I noticed that Kaden had taken Sam's missionary badge and pinned it to his t-shirt.

























It was an awesome day and we wouldn't have missed it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment