Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Takes Time

I am of the mind that everyday is a good day to show love and that the best kind of love is shown without a card or flowers or anything from any store. But I think that its OK to have fun with Valentines Day also. I am so thankful for the love I felt in my home growing up. I am thankful for the love of so many dear friends. I am thankful for the pure love of Heaven that I feel for my children that makes each sacrifice for them a privilege. I am thankful for the steady, seasoned and safe love that Scott and I share, the kind that takes only a glance to communicate it because that glance is backed up by years of selflessness and service and sacrifice. I am most thankful for a sure knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me and that his son Jesus Christ's love is what spins the world on it's axis and what fuels all the good in all the world. It's no coincidence that the first two commandments are to love, if we can get those two down the other 8 will come easy.

I love this story from this talk,

"Upon returning home from his day’s work, this father greeted his boy with a pat on the head and said, “Son, I want you to know I love you.”
The son responded with, “Oh Dad, I don’t want you to love me, I want you to play football with me.”
The world is filled with too many of us who are inclined to indicate our love with an announcement or declaration.
True love is a process. True love requires personal action. Love must be continuing to be real. Love takes time."
 
Happy Valentines Day.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment