Friday, February 28, 2014

Memory Lane

We are having some trim work done to our stairs. I am so excited and so far the progress looks amazing but with all the work comes a BIG mess. Cali and I are confined to a few rooms and she hates the sound of the nail gun. I mean like someone might be losing a limb kind of  screaming over that dang nail gun sound.

With nothing else to do since I cant access my whole house I started looking through old photos.

I just bawled while I scrolled through them. Not so much a sad feeling though, more just so much gratitude for a beautiful life.



















































































If only I could just reach into the screen and kiss those cute little baby faces!

I also liked the few I have of our ordinary life back then..





















I can remember the days of having three car seats in our car but wow!






















I like this one. Kaden looks conniving, Brylee looks horrified and Branson is just loving his life.




I am not a huge fan of nursing pictures and I have seriously about 3 total of all my years of nursing but I am glad for this one. It's modest and I spent a heck of a lot of time nursing those little twins so I guess its good to have a record of it.
 
Two arms two babies. I would give up so much to just get a few hours with those two babies!
 
I loved this picture! Still do.
 
Looking through old pictures is such a good reminder to enjoy each day for what it is. Time just passes in such a weird way that before you know it a whole era of life has passed.
 
 
"A normal day! Holding it in my hand this one moment, I have come to see it as more than an ordinary rock. It is a gem, a jewel...normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, savor you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in a quest for some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it will not always be so. One day i shall...want more than all the world your return. And then I will know what I now am guessing: that you are, indeed, a common rock, and not a jewel, but that a common rock made of the very mass substance of the earth in all its strength and plenty puts a gem to shame."
-Mary Jean Irion

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment