Friday, March 14, 2014

God's Work


I spend a big chunk of my time cleaning and doing repetitive chores. Usually with Cali by my side or even all the kids around me. Even though it is exhausting, hard work I so love keeping my home and enjoying the peace of a clean organized space. I like taking pictures of my house when she is at her best because I am proud of the work I have accomplished and because it sure doesn't take long for all the craziness of family life to turn everything upside down again. Floors get sticky, crumbs and dust find their way into every nook, fingerprints cover every surface. But that's OK because that's the way its supposed to be.

When I feel weighed down by the work of it all I like to think of this.

"The demands on her were many and her tasks often repetitive and mundane, yet underneath it all was a beautiful serenity, a sense of being about God’s work. As with the Savior, she was ennobled by blessing others through service and sacrifice. She was love personified."
 Elder D. Todd Christofferson

"A sense of being about Gods work."  All it takes is a little faith that motherhood and homemaking is Gods work and then you feel that you are doing the holiest work on earth and it is all worth it--a thousand times over. 








































No comments:

Post a Comment