Monday, March 10, 2014

Masterpiece






































Yesterday as I started my fast I kept thinking of Scott. I have a huge list of things I could fast over but I decided that my fast this time would just be a simple fast of gratitude for my husband. I was so young when Scott and I fell in love, only 18. I look back now and think that I really didn't have a clue what I was getting into.

I only knew that I thought he was handsome and good and I felt sure that he loved the Lord. We have grown up together now. Everyday hasn't been perfect or blissful and there have been tears and struggles at times but as the years pass I can see us refining and shaping and really becoming something of a masterpiece.

So many of our dear friends and family have had their hearts broken in marriage. I ache for them. And I am so thankful for that eighteen year old decision to marry Scott and for the decision we have made everyday since to stick together.

And it doesn't hurt that he is still so handsome and that he does the dishes religiously and better than I ever would.

How I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment