Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Break and a Holy Week Lessons Link

I loved spring break. Other than a quick trip to the cabin at the start we did almost nothing. I sure love nothing. And by nothing I mean, pj's all day, friends over to play, sleeping in, reading, watching movies, making cookies, going barefoot, swimming in the pool and swinging in the hammock. It just felt so good to be off the schedule, forget what day it is and not do anyone's hair for a few days. Bliss I tell you. And the weather! It is so beautiful here in Spring. The sky is a bright blue, the air smells like orange blossoms and there is a cool breeze but warmth enough to toast your skin just a bit. Oh man its good!

My brother and I went hiking Friday morning. I love a good challenging hike and even though we got off trail for a while (which truthfully scared the heck out of me) it was awesome to be outside and up in the mountain.


 
 
 
 

And now we are back at it for the next 9 weeks. It's like summiting a peak and we are almost there.
 
With Easter just around the corner I thought I would link my Easter lessons from last year. To do a whole week of lessons for my family takes a lot of prep work. I have learned that these things go a lot smoother when I am prepared way ahead of time. There is a handout for everyday of Holy week so I have to be all done and ready by the 14th. Here is the link: Holy Week. It is worth the prep, I promise.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am so thankful for Spring and for Easter, for beautiful weather, for healthy happy children, for a body that lets me take care of them, enjoy them and climb mountains once in a while. Life is good and all that goodness comes from a loving Savior. I am so excited to get ready for Easter and to teach my kids all about it.
 
 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for the Easter link. I was going to ask you to send it to me again this year! We loved doing it last year.

Post a Comment