Thursday, April 10, 2014

General Conference Weekend

General Conference never ceases to amaze me. We had a really wonderful conference weekend. I told the kids that since we were going to get to have a spiritual feast that we would also have a physical feast. And we did! We also spent the 2 hours between conference on Saturday down at Discovery Park riding bikes down the steep hills, laying in the grass and fishing in the pond. It felt so good to have my kids all together. It seems like we are always spread out between activities and friends and I love anytime that we can ALL be together. One of these days I am going to write a love poem to Discovery Park, I love it so.



























We only took one picture. This cute one of Branson giving Cali a ride down the hill. I am always so torn between wanting to be there in the moment and wanting to have pictures to remember the moment.

And just for the record my favorite talk was Grateful in any Circumstances by Elder Uchdorf. He is masterful. I have learned a lot about gratitude over the past year and I am certain that grateful equals happy. Kaden listened to all of conference and has gone back since to re-listen to his favorite talks. It is a joy to mother that kid. The others were in and out a million times but I don't mind, I am just glad to be in the thick of my family whenever I can be.

And so now we are ready to face it all head on. The last quarter of the school year is as busy as December but just around that corner is summer and I cant wait. The girls have started early by swimming every afternoon.




Here's to a great 6 months until next time!

We can choose to be grateful, no matter what. This type of gratitude transcends whatever is happening around us. It surpasses disappointment, discouragement, and despair. It blooms just as beautifully in the icy landscape of winter as it does in the pleasant warmth of summer.
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment