Wednesday, January 7, 2015

December Catch Up

We start the December celebrations with Scott's birthday. I actually pulled off a weekend- the week before, with all our kids away at cousins and Grandparents houses. It was so so so great to just stay home and accomplish things together with the kids away. Then on his birthday we had pork chops and ice cream. Simple and easy for my low maintenance, sweet and steady wonderful guy.








































Christmas Eve morning I woke up and went straight to my computer and looked up justserve.com within just a few minutes I found a little rest home that needed Christmas visitors. We packed up the key board, nail polish, violin and a few picture books and headed out. There were only 5 little old ladies in this small nursing home and it was the perfect setting for our family to serve. It didn't take long to realize that the ladies at the home were quite lonely. None of them had seen any family members in years. It was heart breaking. One of my most favorite ladies said that she hadn't seen her only son George in more than 8 years. When we asked what they were going to do for Christmas Day they said, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and watch TV.

Kaden was the star of the show and kept everyone entertained with piano music. We had even brought Branson's mushroom so that he could perform some gymnastics tricks but there wasn't enough room for that. The ladies would clap along to the songs but mostly remain quiet. I had to choke back tears though when he played Silent Night and ALL the residents began singing along. Right at the end Kaden played Nearer My God to Thee and one sweet lady closed her eyes and sang the main line over and over and over. It was precious. The spirit was strong there in that lonely little living room, I felt sure that these lonely, failing, invisible women were known perfectly to our loving Heavenly Father, I knew that they were His daughters...beloved and treasured. It was the best part of Christmas.








After the rest home we had lunch, went to see Annie and headed out to the Heywood Family Christmas Eve program, gift exchange, food, nativity, PJ's, bells and 12 Days of Christmas.





































































Our kids are really good at sleeping in on Christmas morning, we didn't get up until 8. We always have testimony meeting on my bed and talk about Jesus Christ. I tell them again like I always do that He is what matters most. Without Him all would be lost. We had a simple morning and then spent the evening with my family.
















































All my nieces and nephews were in town so my big kids spent the rest of December riding dirt bikes, staying up all night, going to movies and packing in enough fun to last them many months of separation. My Dad makes these cousins visits one BIG huge party that last for days. My kids would rather be on these outings than at Disneyland. They LOVE it.

It was a really wonderful and happy December.

“With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the first fruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again... May the whole world know it and live by that knowledge.”

—Thomas S. Monson    (and with all my heart too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment