Monday, January 26, 2015

My Heart

One very happy moment on the beach with my girls.































Sometimes the weekend is busier than the week. We were full over Friday and Saturday and Sunday with meets, baptisms, parent duties at Bransons gym, a Deacon snow trip, baby showers and all the Sunday meetings. Scott and I managed to slip in a quick date between 5 and 7 on Friday night. We got dinner and pulled over in an empty parking lot. We reclined our seats and talked for an hour. We went over all the details of our family and business and hopes and concerns. I love that kind of regrouping with Scott. My soul needs it and I am thankful that we were able to find time for it in a busy weekend.

This morning I read the account of Samuel the Lamanite in Helaman. The people were so wicked at that time and Samuel was trying to persuade them to repent. In one particular verse he talked about where their hearts were. The Lord is always concerned about our hearts and our hearts are what truly matter...

your hearts are not drawn out unto the Lord, but they do swell with great pride, unto boasting, and unto great swellingenvyings, strifes, malice, persecutions, and murders, and all manner of iniquities.

I so want my heart to be "drawn out unto the Lord" and I want to have a heart that is clear of any pride, envyings, malice and strife. I think I am doing OK on the "murders" part but I could definitely stand some improvement on the others. I am so thankful to have a happy healthy family that keeps me busy and tired. I am thankful for my faith and for the scriptures that help me keep my heart in the right place. This week I plan on being especially careful with this heart of mine. I want a heart like HIS and that is going to take the work of eternity but today is a good starting place. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment