Monday, January 5, 2015

Welcome 2015

The "snow" Brylee scraped off the trampoline. I miss summer!







































I love the start of the year. I love the feeling of getting to start over new and fresh. 2014 was my recovery year. I had spent most of 2013 depressed, sad, never sleeping, in a rut and reeling from a huge move and a few serious family matters. 2014 was an effort to rebuild a few crumbled plans, rest and recover and I feel like I was able to do that for the most part. I am grateful that I get to close the year with all my children healthy and thriving. We have friends who cant say the same and my heart breaks for them. I am grateful for my home, it is everything we could ever want or need. I love it and I feel most happy when I am here. I am excited for the new adventure of having our new Real Estate business. Scott and I spent almost 2 years praying and fasting about this decision and I know Scott will be a success. I know this is what is best for our family and I am grateful for Scott's courage and hard work. He makes me so proud. There are always uncertainties and I certainly feel them but I am thankful that I have so many CERTAINTIES to fall back on.

I am certain about the love of Heaven. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and watches over me. I know that every struggle and challenge in life is meant to help us reach toward Him. I know that there is safety in living the truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

This year I am making a solemn vow to write again. I used to write so consistently and I love all those past posts. There is just no better way to see the hand of the Lord in our lives than to write. I am a pretty avid and consistent scripture reader because I love them but I want to do even more this year. Read books of scripture that I have never really read, study more, learn more. I want to be in the temple every week. I don't stress out if I don't get there every week but that is definitely always my goal. I want to fast more. Fasting is so powerful and I am so grateful that we are given the opportunity to do something so simple to show our faithfulness. Easy really,  in the grand scheme of things.

But today I just want to clean a month of Christmas and 2 weeks of break out of my house. Catch up for December coming soon!

One of my new favorite quotes:

Work is love made visible.
Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment