Monday, April 27, 2015

Easter and California

I am dumbfounded by my lack of blog keeping these days. I BELIEVE in record keeping. I feel that it is so important. And yet, this poor neglected blog does not reflect that feeling. I MUST do better. My priorities priorities have been my spiritual health, my children & husband, my home and my actual physical health. Sleep comes in somewhere there too. Its funny how you can rattle off priorities so easily but under each of those headings is a bunch of bullet points. "To do's" if you know what I mean.

Oh but I loved General Conference and Easter! I love all General Conference messages and I listen to them every chance I get. Scott and I took the kids to California 2 weeks ago and he and I watched all of the life stories of the prophets of the latter days as we drove. At one point several of the general authorities were commenting on the BYU Jerusalem sight and one of them said, "we decided that we would not take counsel from our fears but we would go forward in faith." I have repeated that phrase over so many times since hearing it. I tend toward fear as a general rule. I have bad dreams, I get anxiety, I check locks and seat belts and sleeping babies. Fear is my "go to". I have to work so hard to manage that frustrating aspect of my personality. But General Conference and the fact that I can listen to ANY talk from anyone at any time is a major blessing. Sometimes all it takes is the sound of President Hinckley's familiar voice, or President Monson's or any of those strong amazing women leaders to calm my heart and give me courage to NOT take counsel from my fears. I feel so safe in following their counsel. I love and sustain them.

We have been BUSY! ACK! Being busy bothers me so much. Kaden got a JOB a real job which has added a whole thing to our life. Branson finally wrapped up his gym season, Ella and Brylee started piano which I have been wanting to do for so long. And Cali thinks she is qualified to do EVERYTHING. She follows me around and ..."Mom, I do dat all by myself." Which she believes is true for everything including cooking, cleaning, laundry and driving the car. BUT we are heading into a season of less business and I am excited. We don't have any sports for the next month until swim goes into full swing and I am looking forward to some good time spent together with all of my kiddos around me.

I love time with my family! And since we had to go to California for Branson's meet we have decided that those meet trips will double as family vacations. I am so grateful for these times together!


















































































Easter is my favorite holiday! I love spending the week teaching my kids about the Savior. Even though I have been learning about Him and trying my best to be like Him all of my life, I still don't understand all of it. I still avoid seeing or talking too much about His suffering, its just more than I can comprehend and it hurts me. I like to think of the risen Savior and how He overcame. I showed Cali a picture of Christ after His resurrection and she said, "Dat guy is so bright." He is and I am so glad that I can follow that bright light when everything else is darkness and feel its warmth when I need it. Which is always.








































I love this and I am so thankful for the guidance of a living Prophet of God...






No comments:

Post a Comment