Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Things to Remember

"Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things." Robert Brault

I feel like having a camera in my pocket allows me to enjoy all those little things that in the end make up most of life. Such a luxury.

Cali spent a week stacking our stacking cups into giant pyramids. She was always so proud of her stack. As for me, I got super sick of cups being scattered ALL over the place...


Cali was the BEST partner for some Easter baking. That Girl loves herself some treats!






























For as long as I can remember my brothers have been boxing in the backyard. It's pretty gross. A couple Sunday's ago Kaden got the chance to get in on the action. My kind-hearted boy and boxing just don't go together in my motherly opinion.









































Cali is super good at putting away the silverware.


These 3 are becoming best friends more and more. They are so funny together and spend those long drives to California hogging the whole middle seat, eating a million snacks and being giant goofballs. (It is so annoying by mile 200 and I usually ban them from each other at that point, the volume level can just be unbearable!)

































Ella and Brylee just recently started piano lessons. This day I just cracked up at Ella's ALL pink outfit, I texted her teacher this picture and said, "She is on her way, watch for the one in all pink." Wear it proud Girl!


The other day Cali got upset over a sidewalk chalk infraction and she scratched Ella. I talked to her about not scratching and then set her in the hall for a little "time out". After a few minutes I told her that as soon as she was ready to say "sorry" she could get up. That stubborn little pixy refused and Ella was so bored without her that she joined her in time out and gently coaxed her to say sorry. I really enjoyed this whole conversation, so sweet and super funny too. A couple days later I brought up the scratching incident and said, "You will never scratch again, right?" Cali got very serious and said, "Mom, please don't say that." Too painful to remember I guess. 









































Cali and cousin Brinlee went swimming and could barely keep their eyes open in the bright spring sun shine.






























Every once in a while I still see that sweet twin connection in Brylee and Branson. He may be a tough boy and he wouldn't admit it but he sure needs his twins sister.









































I need to do a whole post about my new clothes folding system. But lets just say that it has changed my life! And Cali is learning to be a great folder! She is 4 and is a total BOSS at folding. SO proud.








































These two are so lucky! I sure hope they stay best friends!


























The little things certainly are the BIG things in the end. I find such joy in all the little funny and beautiful blessings that come with family life. There is a LOT of frustrating and HARD but it just makes the sweet stuff all the sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment