Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Friends of the Best Kind









































Last night we attended the Higley High underclassmen awards presentation. At the end Kaden was standing outside the auditorium with his friends as Scott and I visited with their parents. My heart was nearly bursting right out with love for these families. They have been one of the biggest blessings in our lives. When Kaden is with them, which is often, I know he is safe, loved and even being taught important, good lessons.

When we were praying about our move I knew it was for Kaden. He was in a gray space and Scott and I spent many long nights praying and working on this one concern. If I had hand picked the friends and neighbors he would have, I could not have done this good of a job. What a blessing these boys, and a few others are to us. I sure them.


“In friendship...we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another...the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting--any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends, "Ye have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another."  ― C.S. Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment