Friday, May 1, 2015

His Finest Masterpiece







































I feel so grateful for my healthy body. After Cali was born I spent a whole year just surviving. Cali had multiple eating issues and I was never sleeping and just barley hanging on to some resemblance of a normal life. After that we had a few family tragedies, some pretty serious private struggles and a huge move that I did almost entirely by myself with Cali in a baby pack on my back. And then I fell completely apart as I struggled to adjust and adapt. In January of 2014,  I finally resolved that if I was going to feel better and get in control of things I had to get back to regular exercise.

It was a painful road back, I started with these wimpy pathetic one mile runs that left my lungs burning and my ears ringing. It was so sad to think that not too many years before, I had run a full marathon and hiked the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim. I remember thinking that I hadn't realized how weak my body had become. Now one year and a few months later I can run a good 6 miles or do an hour of aerobics...it feels so good to be strong again. I am also so thankful for my running friends! They turn miles into fun and I feel so blessed with good, dear friends.

I love this quote and really, I love this whole talk. Here.

"We are each privileged to have a body. It is a special gift from God. Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is nothing more holy and magnificent than the human body. Worlds without number He has created, yet man and woman are His finest masterpieces.

while speaking to the people of Corinth, the Apostle Paul announced, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?” He then declared, “For the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”
Do we treat our bodies as temples?  The human body is sacred. It follows that our bodies should be given higher priority and more care than other things. That which is sacred to God becomes sacred to us only through the exercise of agency; each must choose to accept and hold sacred that which God has defined as sacred.Our bodies are holy in the Lord’s eyes. Do we see our bodies as sacred or merely as an object that we have to put up with?" Larry Tucker BYU Speeches 


No comments:

Post a Comment