Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I Love Church Programs








































I wish I had words to say just how much I love Primary. If every child in the whole world had a Primary Teacher and if every child in the whole world could sing these beautifully simple songs of faith every week the world would be a better place.

One of the very best things about The Church is all the wonderful opportunities for growth and service it provides. Being in Primary every week I get to see even the smallest little angel Sunbeams participate and help. Last week was Ella's turn to give a talk. She read the words we had worked on in her choppy 1st grade reading style but she was confident and happy to get to be a part of the program.

My boys get up early to set up hundreds of chairs every Sunday, they spend and hour or two every month picking up sacred fast offerings that go to feed hungry people, they do yard work, put up flags, teach lessons, run Presidency meetings, earn merit badges, speak in church in front of hundreds of adults and so many other good things.

Brylee babysits for weary parents, makes cookies for neighbors, the other day they even pulled weeds out of an irrigation ditch, all of these wonderful things plus some. It would be such a stretch for Scott and I alone to provide all of these opportunities for service and for self growth with out the organization of the Church. We are so blessed to have it.

I was in a meeting last week where our Bishop not only challenged the youth to read the whole Book of Mormon before school starts but also index 250 names. He said that some people think that we are putting too much on our youth and to go a bit easier on them. I say what else would you rather your teenager to be doing? I love these challenges, I love pushing my kids to be more, do more for others and use their time for good.

How thankful I am for all the help I get in growing these 5 spirits, it makes the load of parenting light and joyful.

In these perilous times it is not enough for our youth to merely know. They must do. Wholehearted participation in ordinances, quorums and auxiliaries, inspired programs, and fortifying activities helps youth put on the whole armor of God. Will we help them put on that armor so they can withstand the fiery darts of the adversary? To truly choose the Lord’s way, they must know His way. And to truly know His way, we must teach and lead them to act, to participate, to do.    Robert D Hales






No comments:

Post a Comment