Thursday, May 14, 2015

We'll Ascend Together































Its funny that as I sit down to write a mothers day post I am thinking of fathers. The father of my children to be exact. This past weekend not only brought Mothers Day but also my birthday. I used the weekend to let my self feel especially thankful for womanhood, motherhood and the beautiful life I have been blessed with. I have a husband that makes it easy to feel honored and loved every day of the year and I am so thankful for him.

I really loved the two talks from conference that focused on fatherhood and manhood. The first was from Sister Linda K Burton. She said.

Today I wish to honor husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, and uncles who know who they are and who are doing their best to fulfill their God-given roles as described in the family proclamation, including righteously presiding and providing for and protecting their families. I am convinced that a husband is never more attractive to his wife than when he is serving in his God-given roles as a worthy priesthood holder—most important in the home. I love and believe these words from President Packer to worthy husbands and fathers: “You have the power of the priesthood directly from the Lord to protect your home. There will be times when all that stands as a shield between your family and the adversary’s mischief will be that power."

Wow! So true and that last line--instead of giving me a feeling of concern and fear for those difficult times, it makes me feel safe and harbored because my home has 3 Priesthood holders. I feel that my own Motherhood and Womanhood is most elevated and most honored when I am loving, appreciating and being a helpmate to Scott. Somehow in elevating his role and position in our home, I elevate mine and our children are able to see and feel the power in our bond. Just the other day Cali said to me, "Mom, Daddy very loves you!" My heart is certainly knit to his and I am so thankful for his devotion to God and to his family. It's a key ingredient to what makes being a Mom so great.




No comments:

Post a Comment