Thursday, August 27, 2015

More Abundantly

I have always thought that there is nothing more beautiful in the world than a perfect, flawless, pure and innocent infant baby girl in her blessing gown.







































At a very close second is that same girl newly baptized in her baptism dress. 















































Ella's baptism was lovely. I just love the baptismal covenant, I think it is so beautiful and simple. 8 year olds have no trouble understanding what they are promising, what is promised to them in return and what to do when they make a mistake and break that promise. If the whole world lived by this promise,  suffering, sadness and sorrow would be eliminated.

On Sunday morning Ella looked so pretty, she was really looking forward to being called up in Sacrament and recognized as the newest baptized member of our ward. Our new Bishop is our across the street neighbor, he knows Ella pretty well. As he asked for Ella to come up he became very emotional and teary. Later he told me that he wasn't sure what happened but seeing Ella so pure and sweet coming up the steps of the stand in her baptism dress touched his heart.

My heart feels the same way.

And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts.
That He may pour out His Spirit more abundantly upon you. I love that part. I have felt that part. I know that part is true and sure when we are striving to keep our end of the deal. The whole world needs so desperately what is being freely offered through baptism. I love the Savior Jesus Christ. I love His true church. I love the baptism covenant and I love that now my sweet Ella will have His spirit poured out more abundantly upon her. I can not think of anything I want more.













































No comments:

Post a Comment