Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gratitude Day 22







































I am thankful for fasting. In our church we typically spend one Sunday a month abstaining from food and drink for at least 2 consecutive meals. We give the money we would have spent on that food to the needy. Fasting is not only a way to care for the poor but it is also a way to feel closer to God as you put your spirit in control of your body. I always tell my kids that fasting helps us practice making our spirits stronger than our body and I feel that learning to do that is so important to healthy self control habits. Fasting is a beautiful practice of faith. Yesterday was not our normal fast Sunday but I was in need of extra guidance and peace so I fasted. By the end of my fast my problems were not solved but I certainly had a increased measure of peace over the situation. Such a simple concept but an amazing tool to help us access the available help of the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment