Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Gratitude Day 25



























I am grateful for the practice of writing. I have always, for as long as I can remember, been a journaler. I enjoy processing my thoughts, feelings, and experiences through writing them down. I have over 1000 blog posts recording everything from our day-to-day life to my testimony. I also have several filled journals. When you read the scriptures you are able to quickly learn that record keeping is very important to God. His people literally risked their lives to keep and preserve records. I love recording life, through this simple practice it is easy to see the hand of the Lord in our lives.

"I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done." Henry B. Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment