Friday, November 6, 2015

Gratitude Day 6




























When the school year started  I thought maybe I could get to the temple once a week. Well I haven't quite made it every week but having a temple within walking distance sure has made frequent visits a more viable option. Yesterday, I was filled with anxiety. Not an unusual occurrence for me but I was desperate for the iron grip of life to release me, so I threw myself together and arranged things so I could get to the temple. In the temple there is peace. Your concerns and challenges and worries do not magically go away but you are reminded of eternal things and it feels easier to put things in the right perspective. It is a place where prayer and meditation flow easily from your heart and inspiration can flow in. I love the temple, I am so grateful for it.

 This temple will be a sanctuary of serenity, a refuge from the storms of life and the noise of the world, and a house of quiet contemplation concerning the eternal nature of life and the Lord’s divine plan for His children. President Monson, Gilbert AZ Temple dedication 

No comments:

Post a Comment