Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gratitude Day 8








































Today I am grateful for Brylee and her natural ability to be patient. When the twins were infants Brylee always ate second. I can remember that I was able to determine early on that Brylee was a bit more willing to wait a few minutes longer than Branson. So I patterned their nursing schedule off that cue. I would snuggle Brylee right next to my lap on the couch and then I would nurse Branson and when he was full I would put him next to me and feed Brylee. Never the other way around, Branson was only content to lay still, while I fed Brylee,  if he was nice and full but Brylee would wait so sweetly and always eat second.

The other day I walked by her room and thought it looked so lovely in the morning sun. And then I thought about how Brylee has asked so nicely a few times if we could hang some pictures and do a bit of decorating...well we have lived here nearly 3 years and it hasn't happened YET. What a gift her patients has been to me over the years. I sure appreciate that wonderful Brylee girl and her little baby self too!

No comments:

Post a Comment