Wednesday, January 13, 2016

House Love



























Last Thursday night Scott and I only slept maybe 1 or 2 hours before we had to get up and get going again. I did my whole school morning routine with the kids and in the middle of that I kissed Scott good-bye in the doorway. He was leaving for the weekend and wouldn't be back until Sunday evening. After the last of the school kids were out the door I did my chores and then I put Cali on the couch with a snack, a drink and the Ipad. When she was settled I curled up in the sun spot in the front room and drifted off. I cant remember the last time that my mind and body simultaneously relaxed like that. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter blessing that afternoon than just the time and the ability to rest. My soul was tired and my body was exhausted and I needed it.

I felt so thankful for my home that day. I truly love it with all my heart. It isn't EXACTLY what I would choose if money and options were endless, it isn't perfect but I honestly love it just the way it is. I dont sit and dream of further decor or projects, I dont compare it to what others have or dont. I am most happy when I am here and I am thankful for the safety, privacy and comfort that our house provides. The front room is missing chairs and maybe a rug and side table but I am content with it. IT is peaceful and last Friday it provided a perfect place rest.

That sweet nap in my simple, wonderful front room in the afternoon sun was the loveliest blessing of the week!

A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick and stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice and respect. Thomas S Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment