Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year

I am so sad to see Christmas break go. It has been so fun and wonderful to be off the school schedule and free to play with cousins and friends. Today we will head out to the desert for one last hurrah and then on Sunday after church we will clean out the first semester from our back packs and go to bed early. I guess its time to get back to life. But oh how good this break has been! I am so thankful for time together with my growing kiddos.

I only have 3 pictures from our New Years fun.

We eat too much Bahama Bucks! I got so cold while were sitting there that my sweet Branson put his arm around me the whole time. He will make a great husband some day.





























Then we met up with cousins for bowling and dinner.






























After dinner Scott and the big kids went to our friends yearly "Dive for Dough" party. Everyone jumps in the ice cold pool at midnight to gather as many bills from the bottom as they can. Its stupid and crazy but the kids love it. I opted to stay home with my sweet Cali girl who was partied out. We put on warm jammies and snuggled in my bed. I felt so thankful, as I sat and listened to the distant "pop" of fire works, that I still have one small enough to sleep on my shoulder and NOT stay out till 2 in the morning.






























Scott and I already put down on paper a few things we are going to work on with the kids this year. I am excited. This year will bring a big change for me. In August Cali will go to all day school and for the first time in 16 and a half years I will be alone during the school day hours. It is both heartbreaking and thrilling.

Happy New Year! I love this...

Have the determination to make the effort, the single-mindedness to work toward a worthy goal, and the courage not only to face the challenges that inevitably come but also to make a second effort, should such be required. “Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow. Thomas S Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment