Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter

Easter and spring is my favorite time of the year. I love the weather, and the orange blossomy smell in the air and the chance to think a lot about the Savior. I have so many weaknesses and faults. I am so grateful that through His grace and with work and effort I can improve. It gives me such a feeling of hope to know that even though I make mistakes I can repent and become better than I was.

I love teaching this principal to my kids too and Easter is a great excuse to do that more fully.

We had a wonderful, needed Spring Break. It was lovely.































Any time I get to spend with my little flock is such a privileged and I feel that especially now that my time until my big kids are "adults" is short. Ella said the sweetest simplest prayer this morning that I loved. She just added in at the end to "please help us remember Jesus and that He was resurrected".

He really was. I have been thinking about two little phrases from the scriptures.

Why seekest thou the living among the dead? He is not here, He is risen. So beautifully spoken, probably my favorite phrase of all scripture. He lives and He is the way to get through this difficult, trying, painful but beautiful life.

The other phrase is "And Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." I am learning what it means to "keep things" and this scripture has meant a lot to me lately.

I love the Savior and I want to be more like Him each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment