Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Conference and Dinner Rolls






























I love conference weekend more than almost anything. Not just because we get to listen to a living prophet and hear the most wonderful, uplifting counsel but because we get to be together and we get to rest. In Mormon culture, Sundays are very busy. We have no paid church workers so all the work of running the church is up to the members themselves. Its a divine and inspired way of doing things but it does make for busy Sundays. But on conference Sunday, we truly rest and relax and I love it so much. Our phones don't ring, no one knocks on the door, we stay in our jammies, there is no where we need to be and it is absolutely wonderful.

During the Sunday afternoon session all 7 of us found a spot on the couch. I listened to the first two talks and then I drifted off to sleep. When I opened my eyes again ALL of my family was sound asleep. It was so peaceful and I had such a feeling of love and approval from The Lord. Even though we were missing the talks, what we really needed right then was rest. We needed to be all squished on the couch tangled up and close--and we needed rest from our hectic lives in a demanding world. I knew that the Lord knew that we will listen and read the talks later but in that moment we needed sleep. And conference provided the opportunity to do just that.

Between sessions I decided to give Branson a little roll and cinnamon roll making lesson. He did great. But when I asked him if he liked it he said, "not really because you mostly just sit around and wait. I like to do."

I love that answer. I can hardly wait another six months to do it all again!





1 comment:

Anna bloom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment