Friday, May 6, 2016

To The Untrained Eye

To the untrained eye this probably looks like a little girl holding a spelling test. But to my eye and my heart it looks like a small miracle. Ella has to work really hard (I have to work really hard with her) to get high grades on test and assignments. When I see this picture my eyes remember the tears of past failures, the hours of practice, the bribes, the encouragement, the silly gimmicks to help her remember, the games, songs and clapping to get sounds and syllables and phonograms and the prayers sent up, as she hops out of the car on test days, that all that work will stick.

And sometimes it does...







































The victory is always sweeter when the fight was hard won.

Way to go Ellamazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment